Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Drafting
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfil their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
The BIM Technologist works as part of a team, under the direction of an experienced drafter, to produce drawings on a variety of buildings including commercial, residential, institutional and sports/recreation complexes. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, fast learner with the desire to continually learn and grow. A commitment to providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop finished building models and drawings from general conceptual information and design notes.
- Co-ordinate RJC's drawings with those of other disciplines on projects.
- Provide project drafting and be accountable for schedule and efficiency.
- Be accountable to Project Engineers for drawing production and quality.
- Help the design be more easily communicated through your drawings.
- Work as part of a team, to produce drawings on a variety of projects.
- Co-ordinate and overlay drawings of other team members to resolve drawing co-ordination in development of detailed design of projects.
- Technically proficient in CAD and REVIT.
- Structural drafting knowledge. Know how a building goes together, and what a great set of drawings should communicate.
- Fast learner who can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Team player who is assertive and able to work with minimal direction.
- Hard worker who is ready to assume responsibility quickly.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available.
- Attentive to detail and have a desire to grow professionally and personally.
- Able to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions.
- Dependable and willing to work extra hours when required.
- Committed to client service and technical excellence.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities