Become part of a tradition of excellence. For 65 years Read Jones Christoffersen has built its reputation for innovation by recruiting and developing creative people.
Intermediate Drafter - Structural
Location | Edmonton, AB
Start Date | Immediately
- Generate technical information with minimal guidance and supervision
- Develop finished drawings from general conceptual information and design notes
- Coordinate RJC’s drawings with those of other disciplines on projects
- Provide project drafting and be accountable for schedule and efficiency
- Be accountable to Project Engineers for drawing production and quality
- Help the design be more easily communicated through your drawings
- Work as part of a team, under the direction of a Senior Drafting Technologist, to produce drawings on a variety of projects
- Diploma in civil/structural drafting or technology from accredited technical college
- Curriculum must have included courses in structural design
- Courses in concrete and steel drafting and design are an asset
- Minimum 4 years of AutoCAD and Revit building information modelling software experience
- Fast learner with attention to detail and a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Team player with ability to work with project teams
- Hard worker, inquisitive, ready to assume responsibility quickly, and have fun at the same time
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions
- Commitment to client service and technical excellence
- If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please visit us at www.rjc.ca to apply for this position.
- We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
- *In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted electronically via our website. Thank-you for your cooperation.
Submitted by katie on Tue, 08/27/2013 - 07:04