Become part of a tradition of excellence. For 65 years Read Jones Christoffersen has built its reputation for innovation by recruiting and developing creative people.
Junior Building Science Design Engineer / Technologist
Location | Edmonton, AB
Start Date | Immediately
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings and industrial projects
- Preparation of financial studies / life cycle costing for buildings
- Some structural design and analysis to determine effective repair alternatives
- Work with a Project Engineer within the project team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to its completion
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines
- Contract administration/construction review while implementing restoration work
- Degree/Diploma in civil engineering or technology program from accredited university or college
- Minimum 3 to 5 years previous experience in building science – experience in consulting or contracting firm preferred
- Experience in hygrothermal modeling, glazing and wall cladding design; swing stage and/or bosun’s chair experience are assets
- Committed to client service and technical excellence
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions
- Aptitude for working with existing facilities and comfortable working at heights
- If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please visit us at www.rjc.ca to apply for this position.
- We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
- *In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted electronically via our website. Thank-you for your cooperation.
Submitted by katie on Mon, 05/13/2013 - 11:55