Become part of a tradition of excellence. For 65 years Read Jones Christoffersen has built its reputation for innovation by recruiting and developing creative people.
Junior Design Engineer – Building Science
Location | Kitchener, ON
Start Date | Immediately
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings and industrial projects
- Preparation of financial studies / life cycle costing for buildings
- Some structural design and analysis to determine effective repair alternatives
- Work with a Project Engineer within the project team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to its completion
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines
- Contract administration/construction review while implementing restoration work
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology – Preference for those candidates with completed courses in Building Science and Wood Design
- Registered EIT or associate member of OACETT
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in Building Science – experience in consulting and/or construction preferred
- Effective and proven leadership skills
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions
- Aptitude for working with existing facilities
- If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please visit us at www.rjc.ca to apply for this position.
- We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
- *In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted electronically via our website. Thank-you for your cooperation.
Submitted by katie on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 12:20