Become part of a tradition of excellence. For 65 years Read Jones Christoffersen has built its reputation for innovation by recruiting and developing creative people.
Junior Structural Drafting Technologist
Location | Edmonton, AB
Start Date | Immediately
- Provide project drafting; be accountable for production, quality, schedule and efficiency
- Generate technical information with minimal guidance and supervision
- Develop finished drawings from general conceptual information and design notes
- Work within the project team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to completion
- Be accountable to the Intermediate or Senior Structural Drafting Technologist for drawing production
- Co-ordinate RJC’s drawings with those of other disciplines on projects
- Diploma in civil/structural drafting or technology from accredited University or technical college
- Curriculum must have included courses in structural design
- Courses in concrete and steel drafting considered an asset
- Experience in construction and/or consulting field an asset
- 0-2 years of AutoCAD and Revit building information modeling software experience
- Punctual and willing to work extra hours when required
- Ability to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Commitment to client service and technical excellence
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills
- If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please visit us at www.rjc.ca to apply for this position.
- We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
- *In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted electronically via our website. Thank-you for your cooperation.
Submitted by pattiglass on Thu, 09/06/2012 - 07:37