Become part of a tradition of excellence. For 65 years Read Jones Christoffersen has built its reputation for innovation by recruiting and developing creative people.
Project Engineer - Structural Restoration
Location | Kitchener, ON
Start Date | Immediately
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings
- Formulate structural rehabilitation programs and recommend the project concept to the Client
- Structural design and analysis of existing building components, upgrades and improvements
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines
- Contract administration/construction review while implementing restoration work
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Market and solicit work from new clients
- Degree/Diploma in civil engineering or technology program from accredited university or college
- Minimum 5 years in structural restoration – experience in consulting firm
- Registered with a provincial engineering association
- Effective and proven leadership skills
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions
- Aptitude for working with existing facilities
- If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please visit us at www.rjc.ca to apply for this position.
- We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
- *In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted electronically via our website. Thank-you for your cooperation.
Submitted by katie on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 12:40