Building Science and Restoration Technologist
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
The successful candidate is a self-motivated, fast learner with the desire to continually learn and grow. This role requires a team player with the ability to work independently, who is capable of building strong working relationships with all stakeholders and is comfortable working on active construction sites. A commitment to providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Project Engineers and Project Managers in the implementation of structural restoration and building envelope projects during both the assessment and construction stages of the project
- Projects typically include assessment / restoration of existing buildings, structures, parkades, balconies, plaza decks and industrial facilities
- Field investigation and testing
- Preparation of CCDC2 construction contracts
- Site reviews to ascertain that contractors are performing work in accordance with contract documents
- Contract administration duties, including review of progress claims and the preparation of change notices, site instructions, certificates of payment
- Review and coordination of materials testing
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in civil/structural/architectural/construction technology from accredited technical college
- Curriculum preferably including courses in structural design/rehabilitation and/or building science
- Experience in rehabilitation and repair of concrete, wood, steel and masonry structures
- Experience in a consulting firm environment is an asset
- Technically proficient in CAD
- Fast learner who can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Team player who is assertive and able to work with minimal direction
- Hard worker who is ready to assume responsibility quickly
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available.
- Attentive to detail and have a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Able to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions
- Dependable and willing to work extra hours when required
- Committed to client service and technical excellence
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities