Building Science Design Engineer
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
The Building Science Design Engineer is responsible for the evaluation, assessment, and restoration design of existing commercial, residential and industrial buildings as well as the design and site review of new building envelope systems. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, fast learner with the desire to continually learn and grow. This role requires a team player with the ability to work independently, who is capable of building strong working relationships with all stakeholders and is comfortable working on active construction sites. A commitment to providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings
- Preparation of reports and studies
- Preparation of drawings and specifications for rehabilitation projects
- Design and analysis to determine effective repair alternatives
- Work with a Project Engineer within the project team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to its completion
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines
- Contract administration/construction review while implementing restoration work
- Client liaison
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Civil Engineering Degree from an accredited university – preference for candidates with completed courses in structural design/ rehabilitation and/or building science.
- Registered Professional Engineer with APEGA or other equivalent Accreditation in other jurisdictions or eligible for registration.
- Experience in Building Envelope design and construction
- Experience in a consulting firm environment
- Experience evaluating existing buildings
- Committed to client service and technical excellence
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Effective and proven leadership skills
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions
- Aptitude for working with existing facilities
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities