Construction Field Review Representative
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Drafting
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
As a Construction Field Review Representative, you will be faced with a myriad of challenges that require you to be a versatile and creative thinker. The successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with clients, communicating with contractors, and working in a team-based environment. The focus of this position will be site review of structural components.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working under the direction of senior staff members, you will perform field review of structural components of buildings under construction.
- Review shop drawings and assist design team in reviewing and responding to site inquires.
- Represent RJC at job site meetings with contractors and other consultants.
- Collate materials test reports and miscellaneous clerical duties related to this position.
- Prepare field review reports, responses to SI-s, RFI-s.
- Coordinate structural work with other disciplines.
- Bring site and design issues to the attention of the RJC design team.
- Assist Project Engineers in developing budgets for field review activities and monitor over the course of construction.
- Liaise with Document Controllers on shop drawings, RFIs and other project submittals
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or College
- Must be familiar with the relevant parts of CSA A23.3, CSA S16 and CSA A23.1&2 standards
- Minimum 2 years of site review experience is required
- Previous structural experience an asset
- Experience in construction and/or consulting field an asset
- Must have valid Ontario drivers license and own dependable transportation (will be reimbursed for mileage charges)
- Working knowledge of Newforma an asset
- Committed to providing exceptional client service and technical excellence.
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail.
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and can draw rational conclusions from information available.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities