CAD/BIM Technologist (Structural Drafter)
Start Date: As soon as possible, but as late as July 31 can be accommodated.
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Drafting
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
As the CAD/BIM Technologist your Structural drafting knowledge is sound. You know how a building goes together, and what a great Revit model or set of drawings should communicate. A quick learner with strong communication skills, you enjoy taking on more responsibility and have a desire to grow personally and professionally.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Develop finished building models and drawings from general conceptual information and design notes.
- Co-ordinate RJC’s drawings with those of other disciplines on projects.
- Provide project drafting and be accountable for schedule and efficiency.
- Be accountable to Project Engineers for drawing production and quality.
- Help the design be more easily communicated through your drawings.
- Work as part of a team, to produce drawings on a variety of projects.
- Co-ordinate and overlay drawings of other team members to resolve drawing co-ordination in development of detailed design of projects.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate in Civil/Structural drafting or technology from accredited Technical College
- 0-5 years working experience or education background with REVIT
- Experience in construction and/or consulting services an asset
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities