Intermediate Structural Engineer (Restoration)
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
As a member of the Building Science and Restoration Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of structural design including creation of drawings, authoring technical reports and conducting field reviews. You should expect a diverse range of projects including forensic investigation and repair of damaged buildings, small building additions, as well as structural design of building components and facades.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working on existing buildings including forensic analysis, condition assessments, additions, damage repairs, heritage restoration, and project management.
- Secondary structural engineering including facades, seismic restraint and building components.
- Structural analysis of existing building components subject to revised loading conditions.
- Structural design of new building components with the context of repair, renovation, and seismic upgrade projects.
- Coordinate with other engineering and architectural disciplines to facilitate projects as prime consultant. This includes assisting the client in developing construction strategies for repair/upgrade work.
- Contract administration/construction review of the work you design.
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings, including preparing financial studies / life cycle costing for buildings.
- Work within the team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to its completion.
- Degree in civil engineering program from accredited university
- Registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer-In-Training with EGBC
- Minimum 2-5 years in building structural engineering (design and/or restoration), and/or experience with structural design of building components – experience in a consulting firm environment preferred.
- Versatile and creative thinker with the ability to provide cost effective, pragmatic and imaginative solutions
- Goal orientated with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to focus and complete multiple tasks within a specific timeframe
- Effective written, verbal, and graphical communication skills
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities