Network & Support Specialist
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Information Technology
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deploy and maintain network systems and servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues.
- Help support staff in Victoria office supporting 40+ employees.
- Offer additional remote support to approximately 500 employees in other offices across Canada.
- Workstation set up and user orientation.
- Monitor and service helpdesk tickets.
- Computer hardware support.
- Communicate with managers and staff to understand business needs, promote utilization of systems, and achieve adherence to standards.
- Diploma or Degree in IT-related studies from accredited college or university, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience supporting CAD or Engineering software
- Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Back-end Microsoft software, e.g. Skype-for-Business, Exchange, HyperV, Systems Center, MS CRM, MS SQL, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and networking.
- MCSE, A+, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of backup and imaging procedures and tools.
- Self-starter that works efficiently as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build strong working relationships.
- Analytical problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Enthusiasm for technology.
- Flexible schedule.
- Positive and respectful attitude.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities