BASc, P.Eng., AScT, RRO, CAHP | Principal
In addition to being a professional engineer, Glade also has the practical application-based education of a Journeyman Mason, with six years of ‘on the tools’ experience in the construction industry. Glade’s practical construction experience gives him a hands-on approach to problem solving and the ability to communicate effectively with construction tradespeople. Glade has been involved with many successful restoration projects as both a Tradesman and a Consultant.
He leads building evaluations, restoration and seismic upgrades of historic masonry claddings, and building envelope consulting on new and retrofit construction projects. Glade also leads a multitude of roofing projects, including condition assessments and roofing as standalone projects.
Glade has an engineering degree from the University of British Columbia, a citation in masonry from Kwantlen College and a diploma in technology from the British Columbia Institute of Technology. He is a Registered Roofing Observer (RRO) and a professional member of the Certified Association of Heritage Professionals. He is prevalent within industry as an active member within numerous committees and professional organizations.
- Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Industry Training Apprenticeship Commission (ITAC), certified in the trade of Masonry
- Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)
- Professional Member of RCI Inc. (RRO)
- Former Committee Member of Gastown Heritage Area Planning Committee (GHAPC)
- RCABC-Approved Roof Consultant
- Board of Directors, International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC)
- Professional Member of Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals (CAHP)
- Professional Member of the BC Association of Heritage Professionals