BSc, P.Eng. | Principal
With a varied background in engineering, construction and facility management, Phil brings a wide perspective to his projects. Phil has more than 20 years of experience completing extensive design, assessments, and contract administration for building envelopes. Because of his expertise, he was engaged to review the City of Calgary’s internal building design standard and to provide guidance on modernizing the standard to reflect the National Energy Code for Buildings, as well as LEED V4 certification.
Phil’s experience in the investigation of building envelopes has provided him with a strong background in understanding what fails with building envelope designs, allowing him to be proactive in mitigating future problems when designing building envelope assemblies. A former Director for Facility Management, Phil understands the importance of designing for constructability and long-term durability.
Phil graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of British Columbia and went on to complete the AIBC Building Envelope Education Program. Phil was the Principal Editor of the Canadian Glass Association’s National Glazing Systems Specifications Manual and was a Member of the Subject Matter Expert Panel for the National Glazier Apprenticeship Program.
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Chartered Member, Royal Institution of Surveyors: Building Surveying
- Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC LEED® Accredited Professional)
- Guest Lecturer/Instructor, University of Calgary; University of British Columbia; British Columbia Institute of Technology; and Camosun College.