Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1, full time
Job Category: Administration
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
The Project Administrator is responsible for a variety of day-to-day and project related administrative tasks that are essential for the successful operation of the organization. You will excel in a fast-paced work environment as part of a dynamic team of administrative professionals. This role consists of providing support to Project Engineers and Group Leader for 2 to 3 Groups in the Structural Team. This role reports to the Managing Principal of the Structural Team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Type, edit, proofread and create documents including reports, engineering specifications, addenda, change orders, contract documents, and certificates of payment, letters and other miscellaneous correspondence
- Photocopying and binding reports as required or sending out print requisition to outside printer
- General administrative duties when required, such as update and maintain templates
- Assist Project Engineers on updating project management resources in Unanet (working in conjunction with Project Analyst)
- When required, assist Project Engineers in logging, and processing of submittals, reports, RFIs, Change Orders
General Administrative Duties:
- Update and maintain templates
- Assist with digital and paper correspondence filing
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as may be assigned from time to time
Customer Relationship Management:
- Update and maintain contact information in CRM database
- Degree or Diploma in Administration, Project Management or related field
- Minimum 2 years of related administrative experience with preference given to those candidates with experience in the A/E industry
- Familiarity with the consulting engineering and architectural industry will be an asset
- Excellent Microsoft Office Word and Excel skills
- Strong use of Bluebeam to create digital markups
- Working knowledge of computerized project management software such as Unanet is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and strong attention to detail skills
- Ability to self-manage assignments from start to finish with minimal oversight
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and calm composure
- Committed to providing exceptional client service
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build strong working relationships
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities