Structural Design Engineer
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
As a member of the Structural team, the Structural Design Engineer will be responsible for the structural analysis and design of components of buildings including commercial, residential, institutional and sports/recreation complexes. The successful candidate will work under the direction of a Project Engineer and is a self-motivated, fast learner with the desire to continually learn and grow. A commitment to providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare detailed structural designs and assist with design checks for portions of projects.
- Assist with the development of preliminary structural design concepts.
- Ensure quality compliance of projects by maintaining design/checking notes.
- Write technical reports
- Conduct site visits and attend site/field meetings.
- Review shop drawings.
- Strong attention to detail and produce error-free work.
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities