Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
RJC Engineers is a professional services consulting engineering firm. We share our specialized knowledge with our clients, their clients and the industry at large. With close to 500 engineers, drafters, technologists and support staff, we serve clients across Canada and abroad. Wholly owned by our employees, RJC Engineers has a culture of giving back to our employees, our communities and to our profession.
Having been acknowledged as a Top 100 Employer for Young People and one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, RJC Engineers is proud to be an organization that leads the nation in creating engaging and innovative workplaces. We are always searching to find the best and the brightest for our team and offer career opportunities in all of our offices across Canada. Apply today and see what RJC Engineers has to offer.
The Structural Engineer-In-Training is responsible for the structural analysis and structural design of components of buildings including commercial, residential, institutional and sports/recreation complexes. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, fast learner with the desire to continually learn and grow. A commitment to providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and design structural components of buildings.
- Ensure quality compliance for your portions of projects by maintaining design/checking notes.
- Construction review and related construction phase documentation.
- Technical writing, including production of specifications and preparation of field review reports.
- As required, represent RJC at job site meetings with contractors and other consultants.
- Work with the project team from conceptual and preliminary stages of design through to completion.
- Perform design checks for other engineers’ work (portions of projects).
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a structural engineering firm.
- Working knowledge of structural design in steel, concrete and wood.
- Construction site field experience is an asset.
- Ability to conceptualize design with an understanding of constructability.
- Strong attention to detail and produce high quality output.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please e-mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: please reference the Job ID# and Title in the subject heading of your email.
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
For more job listings, please visit: www.rjc.ca/careers