Structural Project Engineer
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
The Structural Project Engineer is responsible for providing technical creativity under the guidance of experienced engineering professionals. The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with clients and working in a team based environment. This role provides the opportunity for technical and business acumen growth, and requires a commitment to providing clients with practical, creative solutions.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build client relationships
- Manage project schedules
- Train and coach members of the project team
- Delegate and/or supervise construction review and coordinate with field staff
- Contribute to setting financial goals for the group and manage production costs
- Design and manage new building projects or renovations to existing structures
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA
- Minimum 4-7 years in structural design and project management.
- Strong design experience in reinforced concrete and steel structures, as well as lateral analysis and design experience of mid-low rise buildings.
- Design experience in wood frame structures and steel stud framing would be an added asset.
- Committed to providing exceptional client service and technical excellence
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Fast learner with the desire to grow professionally and personally
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities