Structural Restoration Project Engineer
Start Date: Immediate
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfil their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
The Structural Restoration Project Engineer is responsible for the evaluation, assessment and restoration design of existing residential, commercial and industrial structures. The successful candidate is comfortable dealing with clients, communicating with contractors and working on active construction sites. A commitment to providing first-rate client service and technical excellence to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential. An inquisitive outlook, a hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility and a team player who has the ability to work independently with minimum direction are traits that are required to be successful in this role.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion.
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing building structures.
- Formulate structural rehabilitation programs and recommend the project concept to the client.
- Design and analysis of existing building components, upgrades and improvements.
- Preparation of reports and studies.
- Preparation of structural rehabilitation drawings and specifications.
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines.
- Contract administration/construction review while implementing restoration work.
- Mentor and train junior staff.
- Market and solicit work from new clients.
- Civil Engineering Degree from an accredited university
- Registered with or eligible for registration with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- 4 - 8 years' of structural restoration experience
- Supervision of 2 or 3 junior engineers / engineering interns
- Committed to client service and technical excellence.
- Ability to conceptualize design with an understanding of constructability.
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Strong attention to detail and produce error free, high quality work.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build strong working relationships.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and project management skills.
- Self-motivated, faster learner with the desire to continually learn and grow.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted. Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.
Back to Current Opportunities