PhD, P.Eng., FEC, RRC, CPHD, LEED® AP O+M | Principal
A recognized authority in materials, Leslie provides valuable insight and information for materials selection. He is involved in project work, independent and technical reviews, education in materials engineering, building envelope engineering, and structural restoration.
With a doctorate in Materials Engineering and decades of experience, Leslie brings a wealth of experience and expertise with respect to specifications for durability and service life, investigation and quantification of damage to structures. A specialist in evaluating and predicting the durability of steel, concrete and timber structures, Leslie contributes and reviews many of RJC’s most technically challenging projects.
Leslie completed a bachelor’s degree in structural engineering from the University of Toronto and completed a PhD in materials engineering from Cambridge University in England. He also completed the Building Education Program at the Architectural Institute of British Columbia. He is a recognized authority in his field, teaching courses in educational and professional settings, has been a part of CSA codes, and Engineers Canada honored Leslie with a Fellowship for his contribution to the engineering profession.
- Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- British Columbia Building Enclosure Council (BCBEC)
- Chair of Canadian Commission on Construction Materials Evaluation
- Past Member of Building Enclosure Committee of EGBC
- Member of the Technical Committee of CSA S478 Standard Designing for Durability
- Member of the Technical Committee of CSA A371 Masonry Construction for Buildings
- Member of the Technical Committee of CSA Z5010 Building Enclosure Thermal Bridging Calculation Methodology
- Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC LEED® Accredited Professional Operations and Maintenance)
- Fellow of Engineers Canada