BASc, P.Eng., Struct.Eng., PE, SE | Principal
Gilbert's broad technical knowledge combined with his meticulous attention to detail have landed him many complex, demanding and unusual assignments. He leads his group in the design of projects worldwide. Gilbert is particularly interested in post-tensioning design, high-rise concrete buildings, resorts, schools, and the restoration and seismic upgrade of historic buildings.
Gilbert’s belief that a successful design begins with getting the initial concept right has earned him a reputation for developing optimal solutions that serve the architect’s vision and resolve technical challenges. He complements this through diligent customer service that is evident by repeat business from developers, architects and contractors. He has worked in Australia, India, Germany, Japan, the United States and Canada.
After graduating from the University of British Columbia, Gilbert joined RJC. He left RJC for a few years to work in Sydney, Australia, rejoining RJC when he returned to Canada. Gilbert’s leadership and dedication to the profession is evident in his membership in numerous provincial, national and international associations.
- Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Structural Engineers Association of British Columbia (SEABC)
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- Structural Engineer (California, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Hawaii, Texas)
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)