MSc, P.Eng., LEED®AP | Principal
A natural leader, Kevin excels at developing young engineers and has become a strong technical resource for them, the team and the firm as a whole. He specializes in the design of tall and complex structures and has broad expertise in tall / slender structures governed by dynamic building motions caused by wind. Many of his projects require close collaboration with leading wind consultants and require the use of supplemental damping systems, including the YC Condos - the first building in the world to utilize the patented viscoelastic coupling damper system (VCD). Kevin has experience implementing a variety of supplemental damping solutions including distributed damping systems (VCD), tuned mass dampers (TMD) (both cable suspended and linear guide), and tuned sloshing dampers (TSD).
Typically dealing with very large projects requiring a strong, organized leader, Kevin’s recent portfolio of major projects includes several high-profile tall building projects, such as: 1 Bloor West (The ONE), 160 Front Street West, The Hub (30 Bay Street), Mirvish + Gehry Towers, Calgary City Centre, Concord Adex Block 22 (Canada House), M-City (Towers 1, 2, 3, and 4), and YC Condos (454 Yonge Street). He is the Principal-in-charge of Canada’s tallest building, 1 Bloor West (The ONE), which is under construction, and is also involved with several other supertall towers. Kevin has extensive experience in the analysis and design of towers in the range of 260m to 320m tall.
Kevin received his bachelor and master’s degrees from Queen’s University. He has contributed significantly to RJC's Structural Technical Group initiatives, specifically the slab finite element analysis / deflection manual and lateral system analysis/design manual.
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Member of Technical Committee, Design of Concrete Structures (CSA A23.3)
- Subcommittee Member, Elevated Slabs Best Practices and Construction, Concrete Materials and Methods of Construction (CSA A23.1)
- Contributor, Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) Damping Technologies for Tall Buildings: Theory, Design, Guidance and Case Studies https://store.ctbuh.org/other-books/208-damping-technologies-for-tall-buildings.html
- Member of Technical Committee 375 Performance Base Design of Concrete Buildings for Wind Loads (ACI)