P.Eng., MIStructE, Struct.Eng., LEED® AP | Managing Principal
Leon values creativity, collaboration, and improvement through incremental change. He is a highly regarded structural engineer in Victoria, delivering creative, economical structural design solutions and exemplary client service on many of the city’s most important buildings. Leon quickly recognizes key project issues and proposes structural solutions, while simultaneously bringing a spirit of cooperation into project teams. His strong communication and mentorship skills serve him well as Managing Principal of RJC’s Victoria Structural Engineering Team.
Leon continually pushes the boundaries of structural engineering, and his supportive approach to creative architects has resulted in numerous design awards. Leon has special expertise with seismic upgrading of heritage buildings and with mid-rise and heavy timber wood-frame buildings. His commitment to efficient design and good communication has earned the respect and repeat business of local architects and developers. His work is evident in projects such as the Hudson Bay Redevelopment and Brentwood College Visual Arts Centre, a project that incorporates heavy timber and structural glass.
Leon joined RJC after graduating from Lakehead University. He is a passionate volunteer, regularly helping local and international charitable organizations. In the last few years, he has travelled to Brazil, Haiti, Cambodia, and Guatemala, to provide structural design for new buildings. He is also an active member of numerous local industry and business associations.
- Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Designated Structural Engineer in BC (Struct.Eng.)
- Chartered Member, Institution of Structural Engineers (UK)
- Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC)
- Victoria Urban Development Institute (UDI)
- Camosun College Professional Advisory Council (PAC)
- Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC LEED® Accredited Professional)